ABOUT HARBINGER: EVENTS | MARKETING | EXPERIENCES
Events can show us the future, be the catalyst for meaningful change, and move people to their core. But they don’t happen on their own. At Harbinger, we create moments the world will remember.
We do this by partnering with some of the world’s top companies—like Google, GE, and Uber—to strategize, manage, and produce their most impactful events.
Closing out a killer year in 2017, Harbinger topped Inc. Magazine’s list as the 97th fastest growing company in the country — not to mention the #1 Advertising & Marketing firm in DC! In 2018, we plan to continue this rate of growth and are looking for a few new Harbingers to join our fun-loving and uber-talented team.
Admittedly, we’re picky when it comes to identifying new talent. In addition to seeking the highest-caliber candidates in the experiential marketing and event planning realms, we hand-select personalities that will immediately gel with our core team and valued clients.
Check out our company code – a raw representation of how we choose to form relationships and do business every day. If it speaks to you, don’t waste another minute – we want to get to know every ounce of the spunk, enthusiasm and drive that has helped you become your best professional self! Give it to them straight. Be in it for the outcome, not the income. The smallest things make the biggest impact. Be humble. What you did yesterday won’t suffice tomorrow.
The Project Manager is a critical member of our team, working with leadership and overseeing the Project Coordinators in day-to-day management of events, marketing, and experiences. The Project Manager will:
· Guide the success of a project by maintaining consistent and effective communication with clients and vendors, maximizing a client’s budget and Harbinger’s net profits, and encouraging new and innovative ideas for the benefit of the project and the company.
· Serve as one of the primary external representatives of our organization, conveying a sense of expertise in our services and capabilities, and frequently serving as a key educator about Harbinger and the services it provides for our community and potential clients.
· Proactively participate in business development efforts, developing strategies to boost sales and profits of the company and plotting future prospects for the company by building relationships with potential clients and competitors in the market.
· Specialize in an area of the business outside of day-to-day project execution or business development, requiring supervision of the progress of individual programs in the company and the overall progress of the company in that arena.
· Rely on Project Coordinators to assist with the administrative tasks that ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and meet high quality standards.
Essential Education, Skills, and Experience:
· Intricate knowledge of the event planning/logistics industry with a concentration on agency or corporate event productions, creative and scenic development, and/or video and graphics production – supported by a minimum of 5-7 years of direct and relevant client-facing experience in this arena, with at least 5 years of leadership experience in project management, experiential marketing, or event production and execution.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills and an ability to adapt to unforeseen circumstances.
· Ability to work well with large and diverse teams all the while maintaining a positive, can-do attitude.
· Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
· Experience with project management practices and tools to create, manage, and track project performance, cost, and scope.
· Excellent client facing and internal communication skills, and a professional persona.
· Interest in staying abreast of evolving industry standards and concepts. A creative, forward-thinker.
· Wiz at using Google Suite products and experience with Microsoft Suite, Apple iOS, and CAD.
· Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
· Strong work ethic, self-motivated, and able to work independently to meet or exceed goals.
· Willingness and availability to work nonstandard work hours and weekends as required.
Additional Education, Skills, and Experience:
· Ability to translate requirements into tasks.
· Experience with task scheduling and resource assignment.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Passion for event staffing, execution and logistics.
· Drive to create a positive and motivating atmosphere and provide better growth opportunities for the employees by encouraging innovative ideas and implementing them for the benefit of the company.
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific tasks that are expected to be completed by Project Managers on a regular basis without instruction are as follows:
· Maintain the Harbinger Job Numbers spreadsheet
· Creating and updating project proposals and estimates; communicating changes in project budget and scope to a Project Coordinator to track
· Creating a realistic project budget with the client
· Sourcing vendor contracts for services within Harbinger’s “normal” skill set, briefing said vendors on the scope of work, and negotiating the best rates possible for Harbinger (and in turn the end client)
· Working with the Project Coordinator to set a realistic production schedule
· Ensure deadlines are met from vendors and clients
· Hosting briefing meetings with internal teams and vendors/subcontractors
· Work alongside Director of Finance and Administration to ensure all invoices are paid by clients in a timely fashion
· Work alongside Director of Finance and Administration to ensure all payments are paid to vendors in a timely fashion
· Execute projects on time, within budget and by meeting Harbinger standards
· Send thank you notes (and/or gifts when appropriate) to stakeholders
· Perform regular performance reviews with his team (recommended on a quarterly basis)
· Provide training and guidance to team members; ensure performance goals are met and set
· Fulfill duties delegated by Harbinger Partners
· Represent the organization to the public, key stakeholders, and business partners
Must be able to:
· Engage in frequent and prolonged travel in vehicles, airplanes, and on the Metro.
· Stand and/or walk for extended periods of time, for instance, during Harbinger client events.
· Lift up to 50 lbs on a moderately frequent basis.
· Paid time off
· 100% Employer sponsored medical plan
· Dental and vision plans
· Commuter benefits
· Technology benefits
· 401(k) plan
Interviews will begin the first week of January and continue on an accelerated schedule until the ideal candidate is identified. The position is likely to be filled before early February.
This is a paid position; compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Applicants who do not meet each of the minimum standards outlined above, and each of the application requirements outlined below, will not be considered.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line reading “2018 Spring Project Manager Application - Last Name, First Name”. In your cover letter, tell us about an event you dream of planning and why. Additionally, please attach writing samples (i.e. press releases, social media posts, newsletters, etc.) and/or examples of any creative work you’ve done (yes, the ambiguity was intentional).
Harbinger provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Harbinger complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Harbinger expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Harbinger’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.